Sporicidin Mold Resistant Coating, Clear With UV Indicator, 5 Gallon (18.9L), Pail
Sporicidin® Mold Resistant Coating is an easy-to-use, water-based permanent coating that incorporates a unique zero VOC, EPA registered antimicrobial that prevents the growth of mold on the coating film. Developed for high moisture areas, this product forms a dehydration finish that does not allow moisture penetration, thus preventing the growth of mold on the film. The quality of the product, along with the anti-abrasion and anti-scratch qualities, exceed the performance requirements of the following microbiological resistant tests: ASTM D3273, D3274. Sporicidin Mold Resistant Coatings can be used on any new or existing building material before, during, or after installation. It quickly penetrates and adheres to porous and non-porous surfaces, providing a stain-blocking coating that will not blister, crack, or chip and restores the integrity of damaged materials.
• Particle board
• Mineral substrates**.
** It aids in deodorizing and eliminating odors while providing a paint-like film on interior and exterior surfaces that can be sanded and recoated without the obnoxious fumes like competitive products.
Features and Benefits:
• Mold resistance on the film
• Special UV detectable pigment for warranty verification (available on clear finish items only)
• Non-leaching and non-toxic
• Excellent longevity
• Bonds to organic and inorganic surfaces
• Superior moisture prevention
• Breathable and paintable
• Designed to provide a uniform primer or can be left as the top coat
• Features phenomenal hiding and enamel holdout
• Nanotechnology provides excellent durability and adhesion
• Provides protection from water penetration
• Seals water extractives and tannins in redwood and cedar.
• Dry time: 30 min. to two hours depending on humidity and temperature (Item dependent – see technical data sheets)
• Shelf life: three years
• Air Quality and Management District (AQMD) and VOC compliant
Directions for Use:
APPLICATION: Mix thoroughly prior to use to ensure ingredients are dispersed evenly throughout solution. Sporicidin Mold-Resistant Coating may be applied with a brush, roller or airless sprayer. When applying with airless sprayer, use medium pressure setting and a .018 spray tip. Apply when surface or air temperatures are 50º F (10º C) or higher. Second or multiple coats may be needed, depending upon the substrate and application method. Coverage ranges from 35 sq. ft/can to 1,000 sq.ft/gallon depending on which product is used, substrate porosity and surface smoothness.
CLEAN-UP: Clean hands and tools using warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
DRYING TIME: Dries to the touch in 30 minutes at normal temperature, as stated above. Cooler temperatures or high humidity may lengthen drying time. Allow 2 hours between additional coats (if desired).
Product photo may not exactly match the product offered for sale. Please refer to the product description.